Best lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi Medical Directory – Find the best lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi with reviews, cost, prices, contact details & telephone numbers. Find amazing deals & great offers. LASIK Eye surgery is a good choice to enhance your vision. There are millions of people who can benefit from this procedure. If you are farsighted or nearsighted, you may be helped with one of the LASIK procedures. You will need to consult with a physician who performs LASIK eye surgery to ask about the procedure that may fit your needs best.
Not all individuals are good LASIK Eye surgery candidates. Just because some people have successfully improved their vision with LASIK Eye surgery does not guarantee the same results for you. Presbyopia, or the type of vision problems that occur when a patient ages, does not usually qualify for this type of surgical intervention. For these patients only one eye can be treated and it may not be totally successful. Presbyopia is not a structural defect, but is a result of aging and hardening of the lens of the eye. If LASIK is not for you, your physician can recommend some alternatives.
There are some general qualifications in order to be considered for LASIK eye surgery:
1. A candidate’s eyes must be considered to be healthy to qualify for LASIK.
2. Females who are pregnant or nursing should not attempt to have this procedure done.
3. 18-21 is the general minimum age requirement, and there is no age limit to having LASIK Eye surgery.
4. A person’s corrective lens prescription must be stable and cannot have changed in the past year prior to surgery to qualify for LASIK. Some very strong lens prescriptions will also disqualify you.
5. Some prior health conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and immune disorders can also disqualify you from seeking LASIK Eye surgery. Some medications can also disqualify you.
With laser precision and computer guided instruments and new technology, there are several specialized techniques that can actually be chosen by the patient and his doctor. PRK or photorefractive keratectomy has been around for about 20 years and was the first laser vision surgery. A doctor uses an ultraviolet light to actually reshape and refine the cornea by removing fine layers of tissue. This corneal reshaping lets your eye focus light accurately and works well with both nearsighted and farsighted patients. There may be some mild discomfort post operatively and patients must allow several days before the improvement is apparent.
Another procedure is named laser assisted in situ keratomileusis. This is the precise and complete name for LASIK eye surgery. This is a different procedure from PRK because there is a small incision made in the tough outer eye layer and the laser work is done under this flap. Almost no discomfort will be noted with this eye procedure and vision improvement is quick.
There is also a procedure known as all laser LASIK and this is bladeless, no incision. The technique uses the lasers and computers to correct your vision. Custom Wavefront LASIK is also available. This is also known as custom LASIK or custom PRK. This surgery minimizes night glare problems and the halo side effects that some patients have after eye surgery procedures. This LASIK eye surgery is computed especially for each eye on every patient and is mapped specifically to your vision needs. The computer makes adjustments second by second so that you end up with the best vision procedure possible.
Patients having LASIK Eye surgery procedures have a probability of about 60% of getting 20/20 vision as a result. The actual figure may be over 75%. An incredible 90% of all patients end up with vision of at least 20/40. This is great news for many people who want to see the world clearly without relying on contacts and glasses. These procedures take less than 30 minutes and you go home from the outpatient clinic. The cost can be 1-3 thousand dollars per eye and is not usually covered by insurance. You will need to check with your doctor to see if one of the LASIK Eye surgery procedures is right for you.
Abu Dhabi lasik eye surgery List
Find bellow list of the best lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi UAE. Find online listings, phone numbers, addresses, maps, driving directions and more. Directory of lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi. Find lasik eye surgery with reviews, websites, phone numbers, addresses, and profiles. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
1. Al Asria Eye Clinic
Location & Address: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97137510523
2. Al Husam Eye Medical Clinic
Location & Address: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97137668993
3. Russian Eye Clinic
Location & Address: 5th Floor, Burj Al Itihad Buidling Office # 501, Khalifa Street, Al Markaziyah, Abu Dhabi City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97126263378
4. Dr Yahya Al Madhwahi Eyes & Opticals Center
Location & Address: Old Airport Road, Al Manhal, Abu Dhabi City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97126316567
5. Unique Al Ahalia Opthalmology Medical Center
Location & Address: 16th St. Mussafah, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97125599666
6. Royal Spanish Center
Location & Address: Villa 273/3 Al Falah St. Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97126662050
7. Magrabi Eye & Ear Center – Abu Dhabi
Location & Address: Arabian Gulf Street,Al Mushrif,beside Al Zakaht Box, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97124446565
8. Yateem Eye Centre
Location & Address: Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97126666167
9. Ahalia Eye Care Musaffah
Location & Address: Ahalia Hospital Musaffah Building, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97128119119
10. Moorfields Eye Hospital Centre
Location & Address: 3rd St. Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone Number: +97126356161
Lasik Eye Surgery Location Map
LASIK is one of the most used and widely known eye procedure required for getting a finer eye sight. After having LASIK surgery you need not to depend on eye glasses or the contact lens for a better sight. Many people who undergo a LASIK surgical process receive the better vision due to the advancement of laser technology. But there are some reasons also why individuals do not prefer LASIK surgery, because in spite of high percentage in success rate there can be some minimal risks linked to LASIK surgical procedure.
In LASIK eye surgery the shape of corneal is changed, when someone undergoes the LASIK eye surgical process, the layer of tissues gets arching to the pupil and the iris (Eye’s Colored Part), when the procedure is finished, the cornea can bend the beams of light and focus exactly to the retina instead of in front or beyond the point of retina.
When the eyes have the nearsighted fault or myopia or a farsighted vision, the LASIK is best choice. The person affected with nearsighted fault has an eyeball that may be somewhat longer than the normal or might be curving in sharply; it would cause the shift of light from the retina and results in fuzzy sight. A farsighted person has the opposite signs and their eyeball might be the shorter than the normal eyeballs, or the cornea might be very flat and focusing the light behind retina instead of on the retina, so it causes a near vision and hazy on distance.
LASIK is one of the best available options for the improvement of Eye Vision, but there are some risks also, here is the list of some LASIK surgery risks.
1. Flap Related Risk – during the surgery a flap is created in the cornea by the surgeon using a hand held device or a special laser, a normal flap should have a suitable thickness and even edges but sometime the surgeon may create a flap that is too thick or does not have even edges. This flap may cause healing after the surgery and less post surgery vision; a second eye surgery might be needed to correct the flap. But now a day this complication has been reduced to almost zero by the use of advanced laser technology.
2. Nighttime Vision – After LASIK surgery some LASIK patients may not be able to see as much clear in night time as they can see during the day. If this problem occurs then another eye surgery is required.
3. Infection – This is the most common type of risk that can occur during any surgical procedure. Infection after LASIK surgery is very rare but if it occurs then the patients may notice the redness and oozing of eyes, good news is that these types of infections can be treated easily by using some special eye drops and antibiotics.
4. Dry Eye – In this condition eyes feel dry, scratchy and sometimes painful, even this situation is also not harmful but when the patient feels uncomfortable, this can also be treated by using suitable eye drops.
5. Under correction/Over correction – During LASIK, surgeons uses some advanced medical technologies to accurately determine the amount of the laser energy to be focused on the cornea to remove the exact amount of tissues from the cornea, but sometimes the adjustment of cornea is not perfect which results in removal of too much or too little corneal tissues. This is referred to as under correction or over correction. Some surgeons offer a free follow-up LASIK surgery to overcome the problem of over correction or under correction.
Although there are risks linked with of LASIK but now a day due to advancement in medical technology the occurrence of these is reduced to almost zero.Best lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi Medical Directory – Find the best lasik eye surgery in Abu Dhabi with reviews, cost, prices, contact details & telephone numbers. Find amazing deals & great offers.